Monday, February 18, 2013

lessons from the throne room



Come and listen to my counsel.  I’ll share my heart with you and make you wise.
One of our sweet ladies from church (who will remain nameless) told me on Sunday that I should start a new blog and call it “lessons from the throne room” because of an illustration I used during the sermon on Sunday morning.  Julie and I were sharing how our marriage and our family has been challenged, strengthened and encouraged by how we pray together.  I also mentioned where I spend time reading the Bible easy day and write some notes or text messages.  You can imagine where that might as some call it the throne room.

The fact is every one of us must have a place that is quiet and peaceful where you can speak to and listen to God.  It is the place where there is enough quiet that you can listen in.  There is also enough peace to tune in to how God is leading you.  That is where I often find that God puts people on my mind that I need to pray for.

I’ve learned much from God in that quiet and peace filled place.  He had brought not only encouragement but also courage to take the next step or make some important decisions. 

I believe that wherever your throne room is ought to be a place you go to often.  The more time we tine in and listen to God the more God will do in and through our lives.  If we are disconnected from God, we will disconnect from the possibility of miracles or seeing God or even hearing His voice.  God wants to connect with us, His kids.  His desire is for us and for us to experience incredible things.

It is dangerous to be disconnected from God.  You will be dangerous if you connect to God.  The choice is yours.  There are great lessons to be learned in and shared from the throne room where you and God meet.

Psalm 29:4  NLT
The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic.

Joshua 1:7  NLT
Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do.

No comments:

lead follower

I was reading an article from a pastor that was sharing his heart for his church family and impacting his community one person at a time...