This coming Sunday we begin a new series at The Community Fellowship that I am very excited about. We will be talking about what is at the center of the church, but taking that a step further we will be looking at how any church ought to impact the world making the community a stronger and better place.
Realize it is all about Jesus. Our lives must focus on Jesus as He is our Savior, guide and friend. Our church is the body of Jesus made us of different people that He loves and has a plan for. Literally we will find our purpose and our meaning when we lose ourselves in serving other people. That is best summed up in our motto of demonstrating the love of God to our community.
With that being said, all we do ought to lead others to see Jesus. The following are our churches 7 core values build on the premise that God set up His church to reach the world. I believe if we will share these core values, that we will see lives change.
1. COMMUNITY exalt God, influence people & encourage one another (Acts 2:43ff)
2. RELEVANT because God changes lives (John 14:6, 1 John 1:10)
3. ACCEPT people as they are (Romans 14:3, 15:7)
4. CREATIVE in reaching people (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
God's church should be the most creative institution on earth because we have the greatest message to share.
5. AUTHENTICITY be real (Hebrews 1:3)
6. UNITY share God's vision (Philippians 2:1-5)
7. EXPECTATIONS hold each other accountable (2 Corinthians 8:5)
Live what you believe. Don’t hold back. What you are passionate about ought to be what we are about day in and day out. My passion is to influence others for Jesus by meeting needs one person at a time.
"whoever shows up the most in peoples lives is going to win the battle of influence" --Matthew Barnett
May God use us to influence others for Him!