Wednesday, July 31, 2013

look around the room



God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts.  Use them well to serve one another.

This is one of the days that I cherish each year as the volunteers of our back2school outreach come together to pack backpacks and prepare to serve students in our community.  It was an incredible day that we have been planning for a long time, and I believe the outcome of what we did together is going to be bigger than any of us know.

Look around the room.  Everyone one had backpacks in their arms and put school supplies into them.  The youngest team member might have been 5 or 6.  The oldest team member is probably in their 70’s, but every person had a place.  There were people who live close by and others who live a good distance away.  There were people from all walks of life, some wealthy and those who have very little.

But every person worked together for a unified purpose to serve students in our community.  Looking around the room became somewhat of a shot in the arm.  I watched people excited to serve.  I watched people work hard and sweat.  I watched people keep going for several hours until the work was done.

As I look around the room I am humbled that God brought together.  The outcome is going to be awesome.  Honestly I am so tired that I am going to stop writing tonight and leave you with one thought that I cannot get out of my mind --- we accomplish far more together than we can a part because God has given us abilities that work well together serving others

Look around the room.  Who has God called you to serve?

No comments:

the power of God

The power of God will take you out of your own plans and put you into the plan of God. --- Smith Wigglesworth It is the power of Go...