Monday, February 10, 2014

my heart and my God


The heart is one of the most important parts of our bodies.  It pumps blood through our bodies as well as regulates the speed of the blood, the mixture of oxygen and so much more.  That is why throughout the Bible God uses the imagery of the heart to talk about how we live and what guides us.

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts.
 I will be their God, and they will be my people.

God wrote on their hearts (our hearts) because we belong to Him.  We ask.  He gives.  We trust because we have learned.  By being his people and him being our God we are led to greater heights and to so much more. 

At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything.  I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name.

Ask anything using Jesus' name implies relationship, connection, authority, conviction, purpose and much more.  It is a new covenant.  Fresh.  Alive.  Exciting.  Bringing strength to continue on the path God put us on. 

Listen up, we are never, never alone.  He's holding on.  His promises are mine.  They are on my heart.  He wrote them on my heart.  Hold tight to what we believe. 

God knows all.  He sees all.  I can and must trust Him.  He knows what's right for me.  He has my heart and has written on my heart.

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God.  Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.  So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe.

How trustworthy is our God?  That is the wrong question because it implies that God cannot be trusted at some point.  He can always, always be trusted.  His best for me is really is best for me.  Nothing shocks Him or takes Him by surprise.

That is why He writes truth on our hearts.  All is open to Him.  All knowledge.  All goodness.  All strength.  That means He makes it open to us for the asking.

Our hearts ought to be offered to God who can be completely trusted as He writes truth on our hearts and guides us to greater days.

No comments:

the power of God

The power of God will take you out of your own plans and put you into the plan of God. --- Smith Wigglesworth It is the power of Go...