Friday, April 4, 2014

making decisions


Have you thought much about the fact that not making a decision keeps you from what God wants to do in your life?  That fact reminds me what the football coach told us in high school.  He said, “when in doubt, fire out.”  In other words, do something.  Make a decision.  Be part of the play.

Too many of us, and yes I included myself, spend time waiting or procrastinating before making a decision.  Good leaders make good, informed and certain decisions in a timely manner.  One of my biggest prayers for 2014 is that I would make better and stronger decisions.

Faith is seen in how we make decisions.  Steps of faith are involved in the decisions of a godly, great leader.  In that same vein is the fact that the more we grow, the bigger the organizations and the more blessings we have often the decisions are more difficult. 

A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one.

Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe.

Every person has decisions to make.  Some seem insignificant.  Others seem like they are monumental.  Yet every choice, every decision should point people to see our faith.  Our decisions witness to the world about who our God is.

“You are a witness to your own decision,” Joshua said. “You have chosen to serve the Lord.” “Yes,” they replied, “we are witnesses to what we have said.”

Further, I am the one who is responsible for the choices I make.  There are many influences in our lives.  And we must only allow the things around us to be what push us to what is right, what is strong and what brings honor to God.

As an act of my will I choose to make great decisions that lead me, my family and those I have influence over to have stronger faith and to be able to serve in more ways.  The days ahead are set by God to be good.  By making good decisions we open up more great things for the people around us.

So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.

No comments:

lead follower

I was reading an article from a pastor that was sharing his heart for his church family and impacting his community one person at a time...