In four days our team will be on an airplane headed to the central American paradise called Nicaragua. There are mountains and beaches, cities and countryside, and we will be spending our time at some villages off the normal path. I am excited about being stretched and serving in ways and places outside of our comfort zone.
Thinking about the things we often share there so are so many verses from the Bible that people quote all the time. You probably have your favorites. I have mine.
Sometimes we forget where those verses are found. I had some great meetings yesterday, and in preparing for one of those leader meetings I read through a bunch of quotes. It made me think of many of the sayings that stick out in my mind.
There are many great people who said things that stick out. There are many verses that I share often. The best things that last and are most powerful are the ones rooted in the Bible
Here are some great Bible quotes that I have heard quoted in other places as well.
1. And he gives grace generously. As the Scriptures say, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
2. Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!
3. We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. These are the people God chose, because that was his plan.
4. but I -- I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those cursing you, do good to those hating you, and pray for those accusing you falsely, and persecuting you,
5. So do not worry about tomorrow. Let tomorrow worry about itself. Living faithfully is a large enough task for today.
6. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
7. Don’t let evil get the upper hand, but conquer evil by doing good.
8. And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry,
9. This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
10. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Do any of those stick out to you? I bet they do, and you might find yourself quoting them or at least thinking them pretty often.
1. James 4:6, 2. Ecclesiastes 5:10, 3. Romans 8:28, 4. Matthew 5:44, 5. Matthew 6:34, 6. Isaiah 40:31, 7. Romans 12:21, 8. Ephesians 4:26, 9. Joshua 1:9 10. John 8:32