Monday, December 8, 2014

Giving is part of Worship

Dear friends and family of The Community,

Do you remember an infomercial for the Hair Club for men?  The dude looked into the camera and said, “I’m not just the President of the company…I’m a client.”

I’m blessed to be the pastor of The Community Fellowship.  I really am.

But, I’m not just the pastor.  The Community is my church.

We worship here.  We serve here.  My kids are in the youth group.  And, we financially support my church.

I don’t just pastor the church – I support the church by giving at least 10% of my income every month.   Here are three reasons Julie and I do this.

1. I want to be an example to my kids.  Let’s face it – we’re living in pretty selfish times.  We don’t have to teach kids how to be selfish.  They just figure that out on their own!  So, I want to be a counter-cultural example to my children.  Generosity is more than an attitude – it’s an action.  I want them to know that I don’t just feel generous, but that I actually give.

2. I believe in our mission.  I believe “demonstrating the love of God to our community” is important.  Those aren’t just words on a website or on the wall, they are a rally cry worthy of my attention.

3. I want to make a difference.  When I give to The Community, I’m making a dent in eternity.  You don’t have to be an insider to know that donations make a difference.  Listen to the stories of people we have been able to serve and their lives have been changed by God.

Those are just three reasons Julie and I give to The Community.  I’d love to invite you to do the same.  In fact, I’d love to encourage you to do what we do – give online through your bank or through our online giving which can be done automatically each month.

Here’s a link where you can give online: https://tcf.ccbchurch.com/trx_submit.php?type=public_gift .  You can also mail your gift to the church (PO Box 388 Collinsville VA 24078), or you can give at church on Sunday.  I want to thank you ahead of time for doing your part.  Thank you for stepping up to help us end 2014 in a big way as the last several months have been tough financially here at church.  I shared that last month, and I continue to be amazed at how God meets our needs and uses us to serve others.

Pastor Michael
— James 1:5

                              

P.S. If you ever have questions about the church’s finances or want more information, just let me know.  This Sunday at 5pm is our all church CHRISTMAS DINNER.  Ham, turkey, green beans and corn will be provided, and we ask you to bring lots of sides.  Invite your family and friends to join us!

No comments:

start to pray

Psalm 42:8    NLT But each day the   Lord   pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs,   praying to Go...