Tuesday, December 30, 2014

preparing for a new year


Tomorrow is New Year’s eve.  Let’s do something a bit different in today’s devotion.

Choose one of the following passages, read the passage and then spend some time answering the questions below:


PASSAGES

Matthew 5:3-16  (the Beatitudes)

1 Corinthians 13 (the Love chapter)

Galatians 5:16-24  (the Fruit of the Spirit)

Ephesians 6:10-24  (the Armor of God)

Psalm 139:1-24  (how God knows and strengthens us)


QUESTIONS

What do these verses teach us about God?

What do I believe are my strengths that God points to in these verses?

What might my weakness be where God wants to work on me?

What are three goals I can set for the coming year based on this passage?


I am praying for:

Those who are hungry, hurting or homeless.  For my family.  For my church.  For our country.  Who has God put on your mind to pray for today?

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...