Friday, March 13, 2015

oceans


One of my favorite songs is “Oceans” by Hillsong United.  Our band at church plays it.  I hear it on the radio often.  Even my family will be caught singing it throughout the week.  It is a catchy tune, but the song does several things for me.

One of the first things the song does is leads me to worship.  The words and melody turn attention to God and his goodness.

Psalm 66:4  NLT
Everything on earth will worship you; they will sing your praises, shouting your name in glorious songs.

Another thing that this song does turns my attention from things that distract me from hearing God.  Almost like there is some magical happening it changes my focus, but it really takes my spirit and turns me toward God.

Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.

We need songs and happenings that make us look to God.  It is a choice to listen to Christian music, or to read the Bible, or to hear sermons, or to talk to people about God.  Those choices will make a difference in our lives, in our focus and in the people around us.

Take some time today to listen to this song.  Read the words from the song.  I pray you will be pressed to focus on and worship God more and more.

"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep, My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior…

Here are a few of the lines and concepts that I will be thinking about today:

In oceans deep, My faith will stand

My soul will rest in Your embrace

Your grace abounds in deepest waters

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders

Psalm 36:6  NLT
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...