Thursday, October 15, 2015

from Pastor Michael

I want to begin by thanking all of you for your kindness during these last several weeks.  Your love, prayers and support mean much to me and to my family.  Thank you for allowing me to be away from church and in Oklahoma with my family.

As you know my mom passed away last Sunday morning.  She is no longer struggling and was healed as she moved in to heaven, but our hearts have been heavy during her sickness and with the separation caused by her death.

Mom's funeral or celebration of life service will be this Friday at my home church in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  It is going to be a very special time for our family and many who have known and loved my mom.  Please consider writing my dad, Richard Harrison, as simple card in the weeks ahead (mail those to him at 8304 E. 74th Ct., Tulsa, OK 74133).  Your prayers will also mean much then as they have these last several weeks.

This coming Sunday I will be preaching at my home church, Skelly Drive Baptist Church in Tulsa, and I would appreciate your prayers.  I miss greatly being with my Community family, and I will see you next week and look forward to being at home even though I will miss by dad and my brothers.

While I am away I ask you to do a few specific things:

First, continue to pray for AND support our church, The Community Fellowship, with your presence at church as Pastor Mike Price from TRASH Ministries will preach again this Sunday and with your giving to our general fund and our vision fund to complete our new campus.

Second, please don't candy and prepare to volunteer for our event with BTW21 for kids and families that will happen on Halloween, Saturday, October 31st.  Lots and lots of candy is needed.  Cars for trunk-or-treat are needed.  People to fix and serve hot dogs, pop popcorn and pour drinks.  Get ready to be on this team.

Third, get ready to serve with the Raceway Ministry team at Martinsville Speedway October 30 through November 1 as NASCAR comes to town.  We will again have worship services, pass our tracts, help with guest services and serve with the ADA carts.  For details or to volunteer see Lee Hobbs or email me.

Fourth and finally, continue to make a difference in our community.  God called us to demonstrate the love of God to our community through acts of random kindness and serving so that we win the right to share Jesus.  It is through our serving and sharing that people will come to know our God.  Be an example.  Pray for others.  Plan to make a difference today, tomorrow and beyond.

I am proud and honored to be your pastor, and I am even more excited about the days ahead for our church and God's plan to win our community and our region of the world to Him.  I love and miss you all.  Please continue to love on and pray for my family.  We appreciate you big time!

With GOD as my guide,

Pastor Michael Harrison
-- James 1:5


[ to learn more about The Community Fellowship or Dream Center give us a call at 276-647-8231 or email us at mharrison@thecommunityfellowship.org . Please give online at https://tcf.ccbchurch.com/w_give_online.php ]

No comments:

God is the Great I AM

This devotion is what our family read last night, and it is powerful.   It is from “Doing Things That Matter”, a devotional from youvers...