Wednesday, October 21, 2015

happy birthday, Julie, a day late



Now I have read it from a different perspective.  From this was for my special lady, my wife, the birthday girl, who is all over this passage.  Yesterday was her birthday, and I am so grateful for her as a gift from God to me and to our children.

Here are some of the pieces Proverbs 31 that reminds me of Julie:

10 --- Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?  She is more precious than rubies.

She is virtuous without question and more valuable than any other woman in my world. 

11-12 --- Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.  She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

Completely trusted and she makes me better than ever.  When I have needed her strength and courage, which has been often as of late, she is ready and holding me tight at the toughest moments.  These 22 years have offered many of these times, and I am a much better person because she is faithful and trustworthy.

16 --- She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard.

Julie is a wise lady.  When she speaks, I have learned to listen. 

17-18 --- She is energetic and strong, a hard worker.  She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.

If the job has to be done, you can trust Julie to do it well and do it right.  I am amazed more and more by the way she comes through no matter what.

25 --- She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.

My favorite part is that she laughs without fear at the future.  Another version says she smiles at the future.  Because of her wisdom, strength and faith in God the future is a great thing and not to be feared.  I am a visionary, but Julie’s vision is better and stronger than mine.

26 --- When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.

Again, she is wise!

28 --- Her children stand and bless her.  Her husband praises her:

I love to see my children love on their mother.  She has done this well for them since they were born.  As they get older the tables turn a bit.  They build and strengthen her because they have been built and blessed by her.  I enjoy and believe it is my responsibility to be praising my wife both publically and privately.  She builds me, and it is an honor to build her up.

30 --- Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.

The icing on the cake, the cherry on top, the big finish or the finale is this.  She is worthy of praise, and her beauty is incredible.  But it is her faith that stands strong more and more.

I love you, Julie Harrison, and am honored that God has allowed us to be partners working for great things together.  I like that word, together.  Thank you for making life better and sweeter!

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...