Monday, October 12, 2015

my mom stepped in to heaven


Psalm 116:15  NASB
Precious in the sight of the Lord Is the death of His godly ones.

The last few weeks have been difficult to say the least.  I’ve been here with friends throughout the years, but there are emotions, decisions and conversations that I’ve been part of that I never realized carried the struggle that they did.

Early Sunday morning I woke to my phone ringing.  On the other end was the nurse from the hospice home where my mom was.  She shared that my mom had passed away just a few minutes before.  We had prepared for this time, but it still hurt.  Mom talked about this day, and my family has prepared or braced ourselves for what we knew was coming.

This hurt.  It hurt when we were getting ready.  It hurts hours or a day after.  I thought I was prepared, but it is obvious that I wasn’t.

On Monday my mom turned 74 years old.  She had been in the rehab center, nursing home, hospital, at home and finally in a hospice home.  Mom had shared her decision and we supported her decision to stop treatments and to begin the final process through hospice.  Within these weeks and days there have been lots of tears, many memories shared, laughing, visiting with family and friends, and more. 

These have been difficult days that have depicted the grace of God throughout.  I will share more in the days ahead.

I am grateful for the calls, text messages, facebook posts, prayers, hugs, compassion, kindness and so much more that has been extended to our family.

My mom is an incredible woman in so many ways.  She will be greatly missed by many, many people.  Thank you for your prayers.

Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.


THANK YOU:

Continue to pray for our family.  A memorial service will be held from my mom this coming Friday (Oct 16th) at 2pm at Skelly Drive Baptist Church (8504 E. Skelly Drive, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74129). In lieu of flowers we ask that donations be made to the Clarehouse hospice home (7617 S. Mingo, Tulsa, OK 74133). Please write my dad (Richard Harrison, 8304 E. 74th Ct, Tulsa, OK 74133).  Thank you for your prayers and kindness during these days. Even in difficult times God has been good.

No comments:

God is always working

Our youth from church have been on a retreat at the lake this week.   The last two nights I have listened to some friends share their st...