Tuesday, October 20, 2015

reflecting


Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High.

This will be short.  It is time for some rest and reflection as our family arrived back in Virginia last night.  There are lots of things I’d like to share, but that will come in time.

What I will share with you is that these feelings are ones I have had before, but I realize that I’ve never been here before.  Losing a parent is difficult, and I know that many have experienced far more difficult things.

One of the things I am learning about is the grieving process.  You may know that I deal with depression from time to time, and these type of events send your emotions in all kinds of directions that help you lose control.  That is why I am looking forward to sharing, to writing, to learning through the process.

My dad continues to be on my mind so much.  Losing my mom is much tougher on him than it is on my brothers.  He will continue to have my prayers, and I hate being far from him.  I do believe that my dad has some tough times but also blessed times ahead.  I want to learn from him too.

I will stop there. 

Well, maybe not.  Today is my Julie’s birthday.  My wife is one of the greatest heroes in my life.  Being away from her for a couple weeks during my mom’s sickness reminded me of how much she means to me.  If you know Julie, please send her a special birthday note today.  She will be older than me for the next 28 days, and I will remind of her that.

Today is a new day.  Lots to pray for.  Many people on my mind, and God is good!

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...