Thursday, October 8, 2015

verses on prayer



David built an altar there to the Lord and sacrificed burnt offerings and peace offerings. And the Lord answered his prayer for the land, and the plague on Israel was stopped.

They cried out to God during the battle, and he answered their prayer because they trusted in him. So the Hagrites and all their allies were defeated.

Job 11:13  NLT
“If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to him in prayer!

Psalm 20:5  NLT
May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the Lord answer all your prayers.

Psalm 65:5  NLT
You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our savior. You are the hope of everyone on earth, even those who sail on distant seas.

I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory!

I lift my hands to you in prayer. I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain. Interlude

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

He said to them, “The Scriptures declare, ‘My Temple will be called a house of prayer,’ but you have turned it into a den of thieves!”

Luke 5:16  NLT
But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.

Romans 1:9  NLT
God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son.

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

James 5:16  NLT
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

Jude 1:24  NLT
[ A Prayer of Praise ] Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault.

Finally, the following verse was part of the sermon last Sunday and continued to come up yesterday.  God is reminding me how important our prayers are.

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayers of the righteous.


NOTE

My mom is being moved to a hospice home today and is still not responding.  Thank you for continuing to pray for our family.  

No comments:

God is the Great I AM

This devotion is what our family read last night, and it is powerful.   It is from “Doing Things That Matter”, a devotional from youvers...