Monday, January 11, 2016

what is truth?



Man, have I found that to be true! Over the past 5 years I have been committed to reading through a chapter of Proverbs every day. Today's reading was awesome and hit where I needed to hear from God. I need His wisdom. So do you. I have heard God say many times that His wisdom and understanding often come with hearing from wise people. I will share some of that with you before I close.

Jesus stood before Pilate as Jesus was being accused and people were trying to have Him killed. Pilate was searching and asked the question: what is truth? From the highest office to the lowest beggar, people need God's truth. We are lost without it. The best Wall Street advisor or the person with the highest IQ cannot give us what God can.

So, what do we learn? Don't be an island (all by yourself). Don't be a lone ranger (doing your own thing). Don't sink without help (swimming alone). Trust His truth.

My life verse is ...

James 1:5 (NASB)
"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

We need God. I need His truth. Here is insight for the day to answer our question: What is truth?

Proverbs 9 NLT

1 Wisdom has built her spacious house with seven pillars.

2 She has prepared a great banquet, mixed the wines, and set the table.

3 She has sent her servants to invite everyone to come. She calls out from the heights overlooking the city.

4 "Come home with me," she urges the simple. To those without good judgment, she says,

5 "Come, eat my food, and drink the wine I have mixed.

6 Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live; learn how to be wise."

9 Teach the wise, and they will be wiser. Teach the righteous, and they will learn more.

10 Fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in understanding.

11 Wisdom will multiply your days and add years to your life.

NOTE: this post was first shared in June of 2006.

No comments:

make adjustments so you can thrive

There’s more to being a Christian than just getting by.  Many of the people you and I deal with are just surviving.  Go...