Welcome to a new week. I have been beginning the past few weeks with what is called a “mind dump” where I share some of the things that are running through my mind as well as some happenings from the previous week and weekend. So, here it goes again, and I pray that some of this may resonate with you.
Psalm 139:23-24 (NASB)
Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.
- Life can be difficult, yet God will show up, increase our insight and let us see that through the difficultly there is a purpose. Read the Bible.
- I am tired of politics and the political ads. Guess we are in for many more months of this stuff. Praying for our president and future president is important.
- Listening the stories of the people I encounter is one of my favorite things. Awesome to see how God works in lives.
- As a dad and a husband I am responsible for my family which is not always easy. I love to see them enjoying life, but it is easier to live without worry. Protecting is important but not always easy.
- I love my wife and kids. I will protect them.
- Wedding are lots of work, but they are awesome events too.
- Seeking God takes time and energy. I am learning to let God have the time frame, and it goes much better when I rest in Him and stop demanding what I think is best.
Nehemiah 2:20 NLT
“I replied, “The God of heaven will help us succeed. We, his servants, will start rebuilding this wall. But you have no share, legal right, or historic claim in Jerusalem.””
- That verses comes from Nehemiah, and the way he dealt with the people who opposed him and God’s people is encouraging to me.
- We will have struggles. People will oppose us. We will deal with confusion. It is critical to know with confidence that we belong to God.
- Depression sucks.
- I don’t want any one to break in to my house. No, I will protect it. I must also protect my mind and my heart from what destroys and distracts.
- Some people just don’t get it and are difficult to deal with.
- Satan really is our enemy. He is trying to keep us from following God. That is a reason why we need to know who we are and what our place in life it.
- It is time to learn that we must accumulate stuff that lasts and not just what makes us feel good.
Psalm 119:103-105 NASB
How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! From Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
- God gives us opportunities to learn and grow, but He will not shove that down our throats.
- I really like chocolate.
- Stopping to listen to God will clear up much of what I am confused about. His wisdom makes life so much easier.
- Hurting people hurt people, and hurting people need some of our time. Stop and listen. Give a hug.
- I still am shocked by the things that happen in our world.
- Slowing down for a few minutes often provides a new perspective.
- Shutting my mouth also turns off the noise around me.
- I like water.
- Diabetes sucks.
- Death is something we all have to deal with, but lately there are a lot of people dealing with the sickness of and even death of their parents. I miss my mom.
- Life is meant to be enjoyed. Letting God show you things in your life helps that. Not letting people rob you of your joy makes life better.
- Daily injections of Scripture in my life make life much better.
That is enough for now. May God bless you this week especially as you and I seek Him.