Thursday, July 28, 2016

it is time to look further


And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Do you know what it is that often reminds me to keep doing what I do and leading our church to do what our church does?  It is needs.  All around us are people with needs, and when we choose to help, we choose to give people an opportunity to take an extra step forward and to possibly even meet Jesus.

My heart goes out to hurting people.  In our work we meet lots of people who are in critical places either by their choice or their situations.  What I do know is that I have seen God do incredible things.  He has done miracle after miracle and brought life and hope to countless people.  Through it all God has taken care of me and my family.  He will supply the same for you and for others.  That is why it is so important to share what God has done with others.  Our stories will influence people to get to know Him and to be drawn closer to Him.

The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it.

It is the people who look to God that find real hope.  Far too often those who are in the greatest need either don’t know God or have looked away from Him.  His promise is to those who look to Him. 

Maybe that is the need to look further.  Look past our past and our short falls.  Look past all the worry and pain in the world.  Look past stress and heartache and to the strength of God and the hope He gives.

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God.  There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

One of the things that I long for and am praying for this week is that students and their families will find themselves receiving the mercy of God.  To open that door might be the resources of back2school or the acts of kindness, the smile on someone’s face or the showing that we care about them.

I pray that this year’s back2school outreach will be successful by sharing God’s love with as many people as possible.  This year there are many churches that will serve at least 1,500 students and share the good news of Jesus with each student and their families.  It is an honor to share His love and grace with others.

Look to God for help.  Ask God for lives to be changed.  Let’s expect God to do things that we cannot do and patiently wait for Him.  Let’s pray.  Great days are ahead!

Micah 7:7  NLT
As for me, I look to the Lord for help.  I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.

NOTE: much of this post was first shared in July of 2014.

No comments:

men on a mission DAY 1

Psalm 100:2   NASB Serve  the Lord with  glad ness; Come before Him with joyful singing. It is the first day of the Men on a Missi...