Monday, August 15, 2016

listening to God when emotions are high


The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

Emotions.  Some people say that I cry too easy.  Things just get to me, and lately there have been some things that really tug at my heart.

The biggest of those tugs is my family.  My dad has had some heart problems going on which makes me pray for him and miss him big time (living 1,100 miles away sucks).  Our middle child is headed off to college this week.  She will be 4 hours away, and she is going to do very well.  She just won’t be under our roof or at our table.  Our oldest children is in college about 30 minutes away.  This will be ok but tough.  Our youngest just became a teenager on Friday.  He is growing up fast.  Julie just started a new job as a teacher, and the start of the school year is a stressful time.  There have been some tears and more.

Another thing that tugs on my heart is hurting people, and this last week we have come across several people who are hurting a great deal.  Some of them are homeless and don’t have a place to stay which really hits me and reminds me of a part of our vision.  Relationships that have been torn apart due to all kinds of things tug at my heart.  And on and on this list would go if I let it.

Loosing friends and loved ones is another thing that has been tough as of late.  The emotions hit me when I am not always expecting them.  But they are real.  God created us for relationships.  First, we connect to God, and second, we can connect with others!

My point is that in the times of sacrifice and in times of emotion God is near.  He is speaking.  But are we listening?  Are we hearing His heart for us, His children?  Are we willing to change direction because of His will?

If we are not listening, there is trouble ahead.  If we are listening, there are blessings and so much more ahead of each of us.

Luke 6:36  NLT
You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.

The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...