Thursday, September 8, 2016

when you cannot trust anyone else



This could be a situation where your choices have led down a rough road.  This could be something so far out of your control that you have done nothing other than experienced the difficulty.  But in all honesty there is nothing better, stronger and more life changing than really trusting God.

I do love what I get to do, but there are times all I can do is point someone to God.  Maybe that is all I am supposed to do.   My humanity tells me that I should be able to do more.  My God says the best part of trusting Him.  That means that today’s devotion is more for me than for you.  Yeah.  I said it.

These verses might be encouraging to you, but they are reminders for me of who really makes all the difference.  Who is totally in control.  It is all our great and gracious God.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!

Psalm 37:3  NLT
Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.

Hezekiah trusted in the Lord, the God of Israel. There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before or after his time.

The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.

John 12:44  NLT
Jesus shouted to the crowds, “If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me.

Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety.

James 2:23  NLT
And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” He was even called the friend of God.

You get the point.  Trust God before anything else.  Trust God when you cannot do anything else.  Trust God even when you can do or think you can do something else.  Just, trust God!

Don’t depend on yourself.  Just don’t.

Not trusting means we throw away what we have learned and believed.  Don’t do it.

Doing good shows that we trust the one who is good.  Actions follow trust.

Trusting God will lead others to trust God.

The saved will trust.

Connecting to God means we connect to Jesus and connect to others.  All of us trusting what will last and the one will last.

Don’t be trapped.  Don’t.

Follow the lead of others.

No comments:

back2school gets closer

I an excited about the back2school   2017 outreach that is just 2 weeks away.  We hope to serve 2,500 students at 9 locations plus their...