Tuesday, October 4, 2016

am I my brother's keeper?



I have heard it.  Heck, to be completely honest, I have said it.  Yet I would beg to differ, in light of what God says, we are our brother and sister’s keeper.  We are responsible to be builders, encouragers, lovers, helpers and keepers of others.

Our lives can hurt others or help them.  The choice is yours and mine.  I can live for myself or for others.  I can waste my life and my time, or I can use my abilities to make others better and my life stronger with God’s help.  Think about your choices.  What are you actively doing?

Philippians 2:3-5  NASB
Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,

That’s a command.  It came from God.  Kind of like the 10 Commandments.  It is not a choice to put others first.  This will change you and even change others.  Might even change the world just by choosing to love, serve and share with the people we encounter.

Here are a few verses.  Maybe choose one to hold to today or this week.  May God shine so bright through what we do that others cannot miss how good our God is!!!

So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up.

Jude 1:20  NLT
But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit,


Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.

Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude.

Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.

Go on.  Make a difference.  Shine on.

No comments:

men on a mission DAY 1

Psalm 100:2   NASB Serve  the Lord with  glad ness; Come before Him with joyful singing. It is the first day of the Men on a Missi...