Monday, December 19, 2016

countdown to Christmas: MARY


Before I begin today’s post I want to ask you to join me in giving an END OF THE YEAR GIFT this Christmas to The Community Fellowship.  Your gift will help us serve those who are hungry, hurting or homeless?  You can also help us finish our new campus.  All gifts are tax deductible.  Mail your gift to PO Box 388, Collinsville, VA 24078 and choose general fund, Dream Center (homeless and feeding ministry) or Vision fund (completion of new campus).  You can also give online at https://tcf.ccbchurch.com/w_give_online.php

Let’s spend our time this week counting down till Christmas.  There are many things about this holiday that sharpening my senses, but nothing gets me more excited and pleases me more than watching the people I care about, our church family, is when I see needs being met and love being shown.  Keep it up!

But I ask you to turn your attention is a young teenage girl that got an unexpected visit from an angel.  That was Mary.  Yes, she did know from the start that the baby she carried, gave birth too and cared for was something extra special.  Thinking about Mary I can only imagine what the people around her had to say.

Do we allow the negative people around us to steal our passion or to stop our momentum?  We must not do that.  It is sweet to watch the visitors interact with Mary and Joseph as well with Jesus.  I also cannot imagine the emotion that filled Mary during all of those days.

Matthew 1:38  NLT
Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.”  And then the angel left her.

This event did not make Mary divine.  It made her an example for us to follow.  Be useful to God by listening and following.  Let others see and know that God is real.

We will experience some of the same miracles that Mary and others in the Christmas story experienced.  Share with others.  Enjoy this holiday.  Tell the story of Jesus.  Smile often.  Enjoy God’s glory.  Remember that God can and will do anything!

Matthew 1:37  NASB
For nothing will be impossible with God.

No comments:

it's almost time ... 3 days till the work begins

Galatians 6:9   NLT So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right   time   we will reap a harvest of   bless ing if ...