Wednesday, December 28, 2016

planning for a great 2017


And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

I heard a message that hit me hard as I look toward the New Year.  Yes, 2017 is only a few days away, and it is going to be an excellent year for many different reasons.  Please understand and think with me for a few minutes about your perspective.  The way we look at and think about things makes a huge difference.  Think negative and get negative.  Respond with negative words or actions and reap the benefits of negative living.

In turn positive thinking and positive actions lead us in far different directions.  Maybe you are somewhat like me.  I would much rather be around people who are positive than those who are negative.  Recently I heard someone say “don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams lead you give up on your dreams.”  That is right on big time.

2017 is going to be a great year because God has big plans, and I trust God to do more and more.  Our God shows up when we need Him.  Our God is absolutely trustworthy.  Our God is able to do more than we will ever know.  Our God loves us no matter what.

The sermon I heard this past Sunday as we visited my home church shared this truth along with several stories of how God worked in ways that people did not expect.  The verse I began with is one we can hold on to.  His purpose will be accomplished in our lives as we trust God.

Recently I had a conversation that reminded me of how we conform ourselves to Him and simply watch God work.  When we follow God, greater things happen.  Yes, there will be struggles.  Yes, Satan will be on our case.

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Plan for the best.  Follow God with gusto.  Expect Him to more.  We were made to love God and to love people (that will be our discussion later this week and for much of the new year).  2017 is sure to be a great year as we focus on God’s best and His purpose for our lives!


NOTE... 2016 is almost gone; would you consider giving an END OF THE YEAR GIFT that is tax deductible to The Community Fellowship.  Mail your gift to PO Box 388, Collinsville, VA 24078 and choose general fund, Dream Center (homeless and feeding ministry) or Vision fund (completion of new campus).  You can also give online at https://tcf.ccbchurch.com/w_give_online.php

No comments:

back2school gets closer

I an excited about the back2school   2017 outreach that is just 2 weeks away.  We hope to serve 2,500 students at 9 locations plus their...