Thursday, March 16, 2017

forgiven

Romans 5:15  NLT

But there is a great difference between Adam's sin and God's gracious gift. For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of forgiveness to many through this other man, Jesus Christ.

 

There is no feeling like coming to understand that you are forgiven.  Before that sets in you feel condemned, shameful and even without hope or lost.  The forgiveness of God changes all that.

 

Realizing we are forgiven by the grace of God is a big deal, but it is also something that the human mind has a very hard time embracing.  It might even be more of a day by day understanding because we all slip, we all fail and we all miss the mark of perfection or being without sin.

 

Only Jesus didn't sin.  Everyone else has and will.  Accept forgiveness.  Offer forgiveness.  Let go of bitterness and past mistakes because that is what the completed work of Jesus has done for us.

 

A recent song from the David Crowder Band says it well…

 

"Forgiven"

 

I'm the one who held the nail

It was cold between my fingertips

I've hidden in the garden

I've denied You with my very lips

 

God, I fall down to my knees

with a hammer in my hand

You look at me, arms open

 

Forgiven! Forgiven!

Child there is freedom from all of it

Say goodbye to every sin

You are forgiven!

 

I've done things I wish I hadn't done

I've seen things I wish I hadn't seen

Just the thought of Your amazing grace

And I cry "Jesus, forgive me!" …

 

I could've been six feet under

I could've been lost forever

Yeah I should be in that fire

But now there's fire inside of me

Here I am a dead man walking

No grave gonna hold God's people

All the weight of all our evil

Lifted away forever free

Who could believe, who could believe?

 

Forgiven! Forgiven!

You love me even when I don't deserve it

Forgiven! I'm Forgiven!

Jesus Your blood makes me innocent

So I will say goodbye to every sin

I am forgiven!

 

Forgiven! Forgiven!

Child there is freedom from all of it

Say goodbye to every sin

You are forgiven!

 

Walk in, live in, share in the forgiveness of our great God!

No comments:

men on a mission DAY 1

Psalm 100:2   NASB Serve  the Lord with  glad ness; Come before Him with joyful singing. It is the first day of the Men on a Missi...