Monday, April 3, 2017

one act of kindness


Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

I talk about this a lot.  I know.  But bear with me once again.

Kindness shows up in places we often don’t understand it.  Then that act of kindness promotes or generates another act of kindness that reminds us how good our God really is.

At the speedway this past weekend one of our volunteers went out of their way to help a race fan.  We knew nothing about this fan as I believe they were visiting our community and this event for the first time.  The next day this fan came by our ministry tent and made an awesome donation.

This past week one of my children found themselves in a place where they needed help.  The rest of us were not close by.  There wasn’t anyone around that we knew.  But a stranger shared an act of kindness that blessed our child.  In turned I was big time blessed by their generosity.

Both stories rattled through my mind and my heart yesterday.  How awesome to realize that when we are kind to people, that kindness will come back to us!  We don’t serve or bless others so we will be blessed.  But one act of kindness often leads to another act of kindness.

How will you be kind to someone today?

Ephesians 1:8  NLT
He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.

Luke 6:36 NLT
You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.

Thank God for Him kindness and His compassion.  It is our turn to do the same!

No comments:

back2school gets closer

I an excited about the back2school   2017 outreach that is just 2 weeks away.  We hope to serve 2,500 students at 9 locations plus their...