Monday, May 8, 2017

download the word of God



But I am not that far out of touch.  Often people ask me about dealing with technology or social media or computer applications, but I have to admit that I struggle with some technology.  I will step back to those who know.  There.  I said it.  But it still hurts when you have a 9 year old fix something for you.  Just saying.

One of the words sticks out in this growing age of technology is “download”.  This is a phrase that means to take something in to your devise or computer from the internet or from some storage device.  Several other terms are difficult, too.  But this one reminds me to step back a few years, or many years maybe.

We need to download the truth of Scripture in to our lives.  Recently I was having a conversation with a pastor friend who is about my age.  We talked about the growing change of people bringing their devices to church rather than their Bibles.  But their Bible is on their phone.  How do you download the truth of Scripture?

Psalm 119:11  NLT
I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

James 1:21  NLT
So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.

Psalm 33:4  NLT
For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does.

Download the word of God in your life by getting to know Jesus who we can trust and choosing to leave behind the things that keep us from God.  Place His word in your life, deep in your heart.

No comments:

what are your hungry for!

Some things we want are really bad?   Are the things you want the best things?   Are you pursuing God or one of millions of other things...