Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day



Proverbs 31:25  NLT
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.

Who is that lady that stands out for you?  She might be the woman who gave birth to you, a neighbor, a lady at church, a teacher, a grandmother or one of many others.  What is true is that we have all seen examples of great women.

Before we knew what that great mother was like, God gave us a pattern.  That pattern is found in Proverbs 31.  It is a high calling and high honor to be a mom.  Please know that I understand no one is perfect not even my wife or my mom.  But I have been blessed with those three precious ladies and with many others.

My mom, my wife and my mother in law are those three ladies.  I really am blessed and have learned much from all of them.  There are many people who have poured in to my life and made me a better and stronger person.

It has been over 18 months since my mom moved to Heaven, and I miss her in huge ways.  Many times I have wanted to pick up the phone and just talk with her.  There are many ways that she made my life stronger.  A godly, praying mother is a gift.  That is what I had.

Julie, my wife of almost 24 years is much the same.  She makes me a much better person and puts up with me day in and day out.  That is a big deal.  Her selfless living makes our three kids and I able to live well.  She also teaches us how to respond and how to think ahead.  Her love is evident and makes me thankful.

My mother in law, Sandra, is an incredible lady who raised her daughter, my wife, who is also incredible.  Her faith is something that I remember from our first meeting.  She has reminded me and inspired me to stay strong and make sure to cover everything with God’s love.

James 1:17  NASB
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

They truly are gifts from God.  By recognizing the things God places in our lives we confirm how valuable these special gifts are.  Life would be much harder without them.

Proverbs 1:8  NLT
My child, listen when your father corrects you. Don’t neglect your mother’s instruction.

Instruction isn’t always found coming from a lectern on a college campus or from the pulpit of a strong church or even from the latest and greatest self help book.  Often the best learning comes from the people who love us and are pouring in to our lives.

Our mothers, the ladies in our lives, may very well be the best teachers and the strongest supporters we will ever know.  Mother’s Day is another reminder that we have to celebrate the people God gifts us with!

No comments:

TUESDAY... thoughts on being thankful

It is almost Thanksgiving.  At least it is almost the day where the people of the United States of America celebrate wh...