Friday, June 23, 2017

God is always working


Our youth from church have been on a retreat at the lake this week.  The last two nights I have listened to some friends share their stories and to challenges our students, and I have been challenged as well.

My friend and local pastor Derek Layman talked last night about the moments in life that often define us in various ways. We all have a testimony. Those moments make our testimonies, and those moments remind us that God wants to use us. There's always purpose behind what is going on. 

Derek challenged us to remember three things as we go through the moments of life that define us.  Each of these items are true and strong.  Acknowledge these

God is always present for you.

Psalms 139:7-10  NLT
I can never escape from your Spirit!  I can never get away from your presence!  If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there.  If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.

Don’t question His presence or His purpose because He is for you and with you always.  The situation doesn’t matter.  Whether good or bad, strong or weak, stressing or stress relieving, God has not left us to ourselves.

God is always working things out for our good. 

Romans 8:28  NLT
And we know that God causes everything to work together[a for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

He is working.  He knows best.  That is how our God can take what seems wrong or is crooked and make it is completely right.  Let Him work!

God is preparing a task for us. 

2 Corinthians 1:3-4  NLT
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

There is a task.  There is a purpose.  It might have far reaching outcomes or something simple and short, but God has a plan. 

His presence in our lives, His working in our lives and His task for us will make our testimonies and our work much fuller.  I look forward to the days ahead!

See you at church this Sunday.

No comments:

back2school gets closer

I an excited about the back2school   2017 outreach that is just 2 weeks away.  We hope to serve 2,500 students at 9 locations plus their...