Monday, July 24, 2017

enjoying the overflow


I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

This is just the overflow coming off of an awesome weekend.  At The Community Fellowship God did some amazing things that I am still trying to wrap my brain around, but I will stop with simply acknowledging that God can always do more.  My mind or thoughts cannot keep God from doing even more.

It all began a couple months ago when a friend and I were having a conversation.  He shared about his new book, and that conversation led to an invitation to come to town.  Morgan and Lynn Clough drove in from their home in Tellico Plains, Tennessee and blessed our socks off.

We have history.  It really is a funny and sweet story that I will leave for another time.  What I will say is that has been a blessing to watch God work in this man’s life to serve hurting people.

The weekend included sharing our passion and vision for ministry.  We toured the old and new parts of town, the wealthy and the poorer sections.  One of my favorite places we visited were a home for homeless men that will open soon and then our future campus.  I love to share the story that God has given us.

Our time together grew even stronger during our recovery ministry on Saturday night as several people made a commitment to God and some accepting Jesus as their Savior.  It grew even stronger during Sunday morning’s worship time as maybe half the church stood before God to reject bitterness and bondage.  Those were two powerful services with lives beginning to change in Jesus’ name.

All Morgan did was share the story that God has brought through his life.  Evidence of the Holy Spirit’s work in bringing this man from being raped to being free because of the grace of God spoke deep and long to our church and to me.  God really is good!

I am enjoying the overflow.  Our back2school event is just 13 days away.  A home for homeless men and families will open in a few days.  Lives are being changed and more will be changed by the radical grace of our loving God.

Why don’t you enjoy the overflow with me today?

John 15:11  NLT
I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!

No comments:

start to pray

Psalm 42:8    NLT But each day the   Lord   pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs,   praying to Go...