And
now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is
true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of
praise.
Today’s devotion is more of a
mind dump like I have shared in the past.
There are so many things that have been running through my mind. Some of these things are taxing or stressful
while others bring me lots of joy and strength.
So, here in random order are
some of the things that I am thinking about and praying for:
- there is no room for hate
when you are overrun with love
- before we have a problem Jesus
was already the answer
- living in Biblical community
is hard but the rewards are huge.
- cannot believe that our son
is 14 and growing up so fast (he began high school last week)
- life is short and we are
reminded of this often through the death of people my age or even younger.
- when I think something is
over, it isn’t always over
- Bible verses I memorized as a
kid will often come back to mind as I get quiet and give myself a chance to
think. Thank you, God, for the salt in
Matthew 6
- some of the things that
people go through are so far out of my control that when God begins to work I
am overwhelmed with a sense of awe
- I have been places in the
last week or so and expected very little outcome but been overwhelmed with the
outcome
- don’t waste the time you have
because the things that you take for granted will be gone before you know it
- God will make a way. God will provide.
- the pain that some people
cause often has no reason and it cuts deep
- violence is never the answer
- our response to the pain and
heartache of others often times is the open door of the hope of God to run in
and through our lives
- Charlottesville is a picture
of the rest of our nation
- pray for those caught in the
middle of heartache
- sharing hope is always the
right thing to do
That is enough for today. My prayer is that you and I will use our time
today and the influence God has given us to help others see the good things in
the world.
Job
11:18 NLT
Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and
will rest in safety.

Comments