One Sunday afternoon
several years ago my son and I were at the NASCAR race here in our town when I
passed out and fell down some stairs. It
was scary and painful. I still have the
proof on my right leg of the fall.
Over the next month I went to the doctor several
times, had tests run and never found out anything that was wrong or that would
have made me pass out. Especially all
the tests on my heart came back fine.
Our hearts are a very important part of our
bodies. Without a heart that functions
properly our health will deteriorate.
The same is true for our spiritual lives. Our heart says much about us.
Proverbs
4:23 NLT
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
To guard our heart we have to watch what comes in and
what goes out of our lives. Like the
heart has to pump blood and circulates like through our veins, our spiritual
hearts send good or bad life out of our lives.
This weekend we begin a new series at church where
we will examine what a generous heart looks like. How do we act if we are generous? What is different about the person who
joyfully gives or longs to help the lives of others get stronger and better?
Ephesians
4:32 NLT
Instead,
be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one
another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
I believe we will have health problems if we do not
take care of our hearts. We will have
spiritual problems and all sorts of problems if we don’t take care of our lives
spiritually.
May we be people who care, people who are known for
our generous hearts!

Comments