For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love
for all of God’s people, which come from your confident hope of
what God has reserved for you in heaven. You have had this expectation ever
since you first heard the truth of the Good News.
Confident hope.
That phrase is deeper than what I think at first reading or first
thought. What do we expect from
God? How do we expect God to act or
respond to us?
Honestly, when we are truly honest with ourselves,
each of us doubt from time to time. Find
strength in the fact that in the moments of our questioning is often when God
shows up and speaks deep within us.
Confident hope.
Through the journey of “chase the lion” I come with
confidence knowing that God has a calling on my life that I intend to
fulfill. I will chase after God, walk
with or even run with God to accomplish what He has placed in the path of my
life.
So, there is little room for fear. There is much room for faith. Doubt and fear keep us from experiencing God
and for reaching for the dreams that He placed in our lives. It is important that fear be edged out by
confident hope, faith in God. In the
dark times God will give light. In the
struggle God will be our strength. In
the questions at some point God gives an answer. And always, always God answers. On that I build or have confident hope.
Hebrews
11:1 NLT
Faith
shows the reality of what we hope for;
it is the evidence of things we cannot see.

Comments