Yes, I am going to bring it up again. Pray. Yesterday, I reminded us that prayer ought to be our connection to God and allow it to keep us close to Him and to press our faith to be stronger.
We ought to be people who want God more than we want the world and what it offers. But there is something that has stumped me.
There last couple of days at the meeting I am attending the same verses have been used a few times. In them I am shocked at the answer Jesus gave.
Matthew 9:37-38 NLT
He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”
Jesus didn’t say we are to pack our bags and leave. Jesus didn’t say that we are to register for a mission trip or sign up for an outreach project.
Jesus said pray. Pray to the Lord. God will send laborers. Pray.
Often our response is to act before we seek God. I have even felt like I was missing something when I was quiet and waited. But Jesus said to pray.
Think on that for a while today. Begin by praying.

Comments