There are two ways people can hide these days. One is to hide in fear hoping not to get caught. The other is to hide in God and allow Him to protect and build us up.
One makes things harder and more difficult. One give you peace and more strength.
One leads to more cover up and a need to hide from people and situations. The other gives you the ability to face even bigger issues as they come up.
That is where our series at church had us yesterday as we talked about prayer. Prayer is one way to hide in God. We take our worries and fears, our failure and sin asking God to deal with them, and he does. Forgiveness and peace come to us as we lay those things at His feet.
Psalm 32 gives an illustration of both ways to hide. Read on:
Psalm 32:3-5 NLT
When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. 4 Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. 5 Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
That is the way we hide in sin or with sin. Our lives waste away. The pain will get worse.
But then there is the way to hide in God. Read on:
Psalm 32:6-7 NLT
Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time, that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment. 7 For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.
That is where we hide in God. He takes the trouble we are dealing with and makes things right. We can trust God.
You either hide out of fear or out of trust. My prayer is that we will find that God is the best place, or the safe place, or the hiding place where my strength grows and I find lasting peace and safety.

Comments