“Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert.
So, what’s next? That is a hard question for all of us, but it is something most of us are asking. Some states have opened, some in part and some in grand ways. Keep checking. Keep pushing.
People are asking how the church will open and when will the church open? My answer for you is simple… just pray. My heart is heavy because I miss our church family. I miss our gatherings and our worship and the testimonies. The day we will gather again is coming.
I’d like to share a post on Facebook by a local pastor and friend, Charles Whitfield. He is the president of his denomination’s state convention and a great leader in the church and business world. Here is what Pastor Charles shared:
I’ll be making a statement and giving detailed information regarding the re-opening of churches on behalf of our State Convention, as I’ve also been in contact with our sister Conventions chieftain. The COVID19 curve has not been flattened, and people are still susceptible. The church is not a building, and I’m in no hurry to prematurely rush back into a building exposing people I’ve been called to serve and love all for the sake of “the economy”. So, personally my recommendation to my church leaders will be to wait before opening. This may disappoint some congregants who don’t understand the weight and seriousness of this virus, however it’s less disappointing than sickness unto death. DMV CLOSED; BANK LOBBY’S CLOSED; COURTHOUSE CLOSED... but it’s ok, YA’LL can go back to church. Let’s choose wisdom... #TrustingGodWhileWeWait
Pastor Whitfield is right on the mark. His answer is sharp and what I would like to have said. I am ready for us to run back in to church, but wisdom says wait, watch and let God guide us.
What’s next? Thanks for asking.
Our church leaders are meeting and praying. The plan will be shared soon, and we believe that God is working. He will provide a way in the uncertainty. I further believe that it will be a new way. God is going to refresh His people. He is going to revive many. He is going to guide and save some who have been asking and seeking as of late.
It is our responsibility to follow our incredible God. We join Him where He is working. Our desire is to keep each other safe and help each other be as strong as possible. The weeks ahead are going to be glorious. And it is all for His glory and not ours.

Comments