Proverbs 8:32 NLT
“And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful.
We have completed almost all of our back2school outreach, and I hope you don’t get tired of hearing about #back2school because this outreach keeps flowing through my heart. Let me share a few thoughts.
Two moments stick out to me. Both have a few things in common. They make me glad and help me to keep on.
Saturday morning I was preparing to visit a few of the other locations where back2school was happening. What often catches my attention and the little ones.
I notice the smile and the wide eyes. All of the sudden this child has a huge smile. I noticed a backpack and then shoes. That smile keeps me going. I can’t get it out of my head.
Another smile caught my attention. We continue to serve students. Often they come with a parent, friend or maybe a social worker helping them get ready for school. Nothing seems to make these kids overly excited until they see a pair of shoes. Their smile tells a story. That smile keeps me going.
Smiles remind me of joy. Yet I know smiles come and go. But joy sticks longer. Joy is important. That is why back2school will continue, and it is awesome from start to finish no matter the chaos or struggle.
Those smiles keep me going. Those smiles let me know that there is joy in their hearts. That is where the biggest connection is. When someone has joy, they are open to accept hope. And real hope is found in Jesus.
Psalm 144:15 NLT
Yes, joyful are those who live like this! Joyful indeed are those whose God is the Lord.
Notice those smiles.

Comments