This week we are looking at promises from the Old Testament of the coming Messiah. Jesus. His birth, life, death and resurrection are spoken of often before any of those things took place.
My payer is that we will prepare ourselves for Easter. Look at the Scriptures that point to the coming of Jesus and meaning of the resurrection.
2 Samuel 7:12-13 NLT
For when you die and are buried with your ancestors, I will raise up one of your descendants, your own offspring, and I will make his kingdom strong. 13 He is the one who will build a house—a temple—for my name. And I will secure his royal throne forever.
Matthew 1 reminds us this is Jesus. Keep reading.
Isaiah 7:14 NLT
All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means ‘God is with us’).
There you have Jesus born. Literally God with us. Keep reading.
Psalm 40:6-8 NLT
You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings. Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand— you don’t require burnt offerings or sin offerings. 7 Then I said, “Look, I have come. As is written about me in the Scriptures: 8 I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart.”
The perfect sacrifice was Jesus and was why He was sent. Keep reading.
Leviticus 17:11 NLT
for the life of the body is in its blood. I have given you the blood on the altar to purify you, making you right with the Lord. It is the blood, given in exchange for a life, that makes purification possible.
That sacrifice was Jesus, but the power and forgiveness was found in His blood. Keep reading.
Isaiah 25:7-8 NLT
There he will remove the cloud of gloom, the shadow of death that hangs over the earth. 8 He will swallow up death forever! The Sovereign Lord will wipe away all tears. He will remove forever all insults and mockery against his land and people. The Lord has spoken!
Death would not hold him, and His eternal life with change much.
There is more to come, and these verses point to the plan God put in place long before any of it happened. That is the blessing. That is why we prepare for Easter. Celebrate. Remember. Prepare for more. Easter is coming soon.
Comments