Some songs just stick out. You get them in your head and can’t get rid of them. Have you had that happen to you like I have?
Then there are songs that seem to go on and on. They just won’t stop. Some of those get old, but that is not the case with the one I share with you today because as this worship song keeps going the worship seems to get better and better.
I am referencing the song Trust in God by Elevation Worship. It is just one that got stuck, or gets stuck on play, in my head making its way to my heart. Go find the song and listen to it.
Here are some of the lyrics:
Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine
He's been my fourth man in the fire time after time
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood
And what He did for me on Calvary is more than enough
I trust in God, my Savior
The one who will never fail
He will never fail
I sought the Lord and He heard and He answered
That's why I trust Him, that's why I trust Him
I can’t get those out of my head because there are some truths that are so real, such a blessing and lead my heart closer to God. And by the way, He wants to be close to us.
I will seek the Lord. He will answer. That is why I will trust Him.
Isaiah 55:6 NIV
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.
Psalm 34:4 NIV
I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Matthew 6:33 NLT
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Comments